Care & Maintenance
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR AVOOVA PIECE
- Ostrich eggshell is water resistant and will withstand normal domestic hot and cold temperatures. It can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. For decorative pieces, an occasional polish with furniture wax or silver polish will restore the lustre in no time.
- Aluminium bowls – We recommend that dry foodstuffs only are served in the aluminium bowls/platters. Do not leave foodstuffs, liquids or salt residues in contact with the aluminium for sustained periods after use, as this may tarnish the surface. To clean, rinse in warm, soapy water and use a soft cloth to remove food residue. Dry immediately to avoid watermarks.
- Stainless steel bowls – These are food-safe and can be cleaned in warm soapy water.
- Wooden bowls and salad servers have been oiled and are food safe. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Avoid immersing completely in water
- Never clean with liquid or powder bleach, abrasive pad or wire tool
- Avoid any contact with solvents
- Never put an AVOOVA piece in a dishwashing machine or microwave
- Avoid leaving in direct sunlight for extended periods
- DO NOT USE BRASS POLISH or coarse fabrics to polish
FREE SERVICE TO SOUTH AFRICAN RESIDENTS
Should your AVOOVA bowl need revitalising, please take it to your nearest outlet and we will send it away for polishing at no further cost to you.